By Chef Vishal
This dish is very easy to whip up and a staple in my kitchen. Adding a protein (chicken, steak, tofu, or chickpeas) can turn this ‘side salad’ into the main course. Enjoy!
- 1 cup couscous
- 5-6 cups of spinach (or kale)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ of a small lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- In a medium sized pot, boil water and cook couscous until tender (or by package instructions). Set aside.
- Wash produce.
- Dice onion into small pieces.
- Slice bell peppers into strips.
- In a medium sized pan, add olive oil and saute onions for 4-5 minutes.
- Add bell peppers to pan, and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach or kale, and a splash of water to pan. Let greens cook (and breakdown).
- While greens are cooking, begin making dressing. Add the dressing ingredients to a bowl, and whisk thoroughly.
- Prepare the salad: in a large bowl mix together onion, bell pepper and spinach mix with couscous. Dress salad to taste and enjoy!
POSTED IN Hydration HQ
no comments yet
Be the first to comment below.