For those of you who don’t know- there is running and then there is Relay Running. This ‘hipster cousin’ of the running world is rapidly gaining in popularity.
The Hood to Coast Relay is one of the most highly sought after entries out there. What more could you ask for than stunning scenery, sweaty people in a van together for 24 hours, running in the dark with a headlamp and head-to-toe reflectors, tomfoolery galore (and maybe some singing?) before a dramatic finish on Oregon coast, and a giant party on the beach all with your new friends at Nuun? Not much we think.
So, what did we decide to do? We asked our friends and fans who were female runners and who happened to have a blog to send us a ‘creative’ application of their choosing in order to make the team. We instantly started receiving a veritable landslide of applications and boy were they creative! We have had an amazing time pouring over everything- and then- we came to the realization that we just couldn’t narrow it down. We had to have two teams!
Each of the teams are comprised of 2 Nuun employees and 10 amazing ladies who will represent Nuun and the blog-o-sphere together on August 26th-27th.
So, after careful consideration please meet the group of fantastic ladies who are ready to take on the most iconic relay in the country. The list of our 20 bloggers and 6 alternates is in no particular order, and they are so amazing and dynamic that we wanted to share their blogs with all of you. Check them out!
- Congrats to the Team!
- Alanna: running42km.blogspot.com
- Alyssa: diaryofanaveragerunner.blogspot.com
- Carrie: www.team-sparkle.com
- Dorothy: mile-posts.com
- Emily: sweatonceaday.com
- Harmony: harmlove.blogspot.com
- Jess: www.blondeponytail.com
- Jocelyn: enthusiasticrunner.com
- Kelly: www.team-sparkle.com
- Kerrie: momvsmarathon.blogspot.com
- Lauren: healthontherun.net
- Lisa: lisasepiphany.blogspot.com
- Margot: thefasterbunny.blogspot.com
- Megan: justrunmego.blogspot.com
- Mel: tallmomontherun.com
- Melody: www.willrunformargaritas.com
- Susan: susanruns.com
- Tonia: racingwithbabes.blogspot.com
- Tricia: enduranceisntonlyphysical.com
- XLMIC: didyougetanyofthat.blogspot.com